What is meant by the menu item Skills?
Skills are broad terms which you can use to group agents. You can create different skills and then assign agents skills according to their area of speciality. The skills can be different departments, languages, brands, etc.
Using skills you can create teams or topics, and then use rules to automatically assign tickets to these teams. The skill function goes hand in hand with the autorouting function, in which you can activate automatic, rule-based ticket assignment and configure the necessary skills.
In account settings you can assign your agents skills. (see editor roles) The agents will then automatically receive suitable tickets for them.
How do I create skills?
- Go to Settings >> Account >> Skills
- Then click on the plus sign in the upper right corner.
- Enter the skill name in the appropriate field and save the new skill with “Create”. You can create as many skills as you like. In our example, internal departments are created as skills.
How can I edit or delete a created skill?
- Click with the mouse on the three vertical dots next to the skill.
- A drop-down menu will open – here you can either edit or delete the skill
The skills that you set up are then available to be used when configuring agents or when setting up autorouting.